Financial Advisor Prospecting – What to Say and How to Say It
So You Can Grow Your Financial Advisory or Financial Coaching Business
Today, you will learn:
- How to set an appointment
- What type of questions are best to ask
- The script to get more warm introductions and referrals, and more!
Early in my career, I realized that to succeed in my financial advisory or really any business, I had to learn and master the “art of language;” specifically, what to say, when to say it, and how to say it with ease and meaning, so it did not sound like a canned prospecting script.
Examples of the best scripts and insight you will learn in today’s episode include:
- The best money coaching and financial advisor prospecting scripts
- What to say when someone asks you what you do (This script has made my firm and my clients more money than any other one!).
- Why asking excellent prospecting questions is so important to success and bottom-line revenue
- The script to use in the initial meeting to qualify a suspect or cold prospect
- How to qualify a suspect to a prospect
- What to say to get warm introductions and referrals
- How to get back in the conversation when the prospect checks out
- Which questions are most effective to qualify a prospect without their knowing it?
- What to say to easily get referrals to wealthy clients
- How to handle an objection, and more importantly, when to respond to it
- What type of questions work best with ideal, profitable, affluent clients
- The best script to make a cold call warm (This is one of my favorites and most valuable scripts!).
- How to respond when a client is not comfortable referring others to you
- Simple phrases that lighten up an uncomfortable conversation
- What to say to get honest feedback from your clients
- How to tactfully find out if a prospect is qualified when you do not know anything about them
- Why referral marketing scripts are critical to any service-based business
Additional prospecting tips for financial coaches and advisors:
I became fascinated to learn how a person’s mind works and how people respond to new information. The research showed that behaviors, as well as established hard-wired habits and beliefs, allowed me to predict a person’s response to a question or new information. The findings were fascinating.
While most advisors and financial coaches wing what they say or how they say it, successful entrepreneurs, financial advisors, and money coaches take the time to master what they say and how they respond to all questions, including, “What do you do?”, “I am not comfortable giving referrals,” or “I don’t need “blank.” They understand that “wing it responses” lead to “wing it results.”
In today’s episode, “Financial Advisor Prospecting – What to Say and How to Say It,” you will learn the best responses from our research in serving wealthy women and couples for over 30 years.
Click the image to watch today’s episode:
In this episode, you will learn:
- Three key financial advisor prospecting scripts
- An exact prospecting script my clients and I use with affluent clients and business owners
- What to say when a client is not willing to give referrals to you. As a result, you will know what to say to strengthen your relationship.
- The best type of questions to ask a prospect and a client
- Why a script to set an initial appointment as well as a follow-up meeting are so important
- The best scripts for prospecting (These prospecting scripts work great with service providers, financial advisors, money coaches, and business coaches.)
- The best questions to ask based on neuroscience research and real-world results
- How to access a free financial advisor marketing resource to create your affluent women and couple’s marketing plan
- Why you must understand the response format before you create a prospecting script
- What you should never say when engaging with a prospect or potential client
- The best referral marketing script for financial advisors, money coaches, wealth managers, and financial coaches
- Why becoming a master writing scripts is so vital when it comes to your success as a financial advisor or money coach
- The best response to provide a new prospect when setting an appointment (This is a million-dollar nugget!)
- The best time to set the next appointment (This is a time-saver and game-changer!)
If you do not have a financial advisor business plan or you are not achieving your desired results, you can download The Advisor Marketing Plan guide here:
Benefits of Mastering Prospect Scripts
And while mastering financial advisor prospecting scripts is critical to your success, there are several benefits to mastering your words.
- Attracting more qualified, profitable clients
- Less time transitioning a prospect to a client
- More revenue in my bottom-line
- Faster growth in my financial advisory business
- Less stress, especially with not knowing what to say or how to say it
- More referrals because you know what to say regardless of how your clients respond when you ask for referrals or warm introductions
- Mastering the best script in each situation so it comes across as natural and authentic instead of canned and inauthentic
- Doubling my appointments set on the first attempt
- Reducing anxiety because you don’t have enough prospects in your funnel (Knowing what to say will improve your confidence because you know what to say to new prospects you meet.)
Your Next Best Prospecting Steps
While we dove deep into the power and benefits of scripts, a few additional steps will make the process easier.
1. Identify and confirm your ideal profitable client.
Knowing your ideal prospect and client makes creating scripts so much easier. Instead of creating scripts for several niche markets, you must only produce one or two, depending on how many target markets you serve.
2. Ask prospects what they want.
Too often, we assume what our clients or prospects want. Asking people what they want and then delivering will save us resources, including time, money, and mental energy.
Commit 30 or 60 minutes weekly to interviewing people associated with your ideal client. Find out how your ideal prospect wants to be approached, what challenges they face, and where they see themselves in five years. Ask them what they love about their current advisors (if they have one), what they dislike about them, what keeps them up at night, and anything else that will help you know them better.
3. Choose the strategies you will use to attract more of your ideal prospects.
When we utilize lead generation strategies for financial advisors, money coaches, wealth managers, etc., that attract more ideal prospects, scripting becomes 100 times easier.
4. Finally, create a script book.
First, identify all scripts, then prioritize them, and finally, practice them. Measure your results and determine what parts of your script went well and where you need to improve.
Next, set aside one to two hours each week to practice your script and then record the audio and video.
Continue to practice until you perfect your presentation. The saying goes, “Amateurs practice to get it right; masters practice until they can’t get it wrong.” Masters are winners. And you are a master!
To get notified of bonsues and episodes: click here.
Here is the link to watch today’s episode: “Financial Advisor Prospecting.”
To your success!